Nature Birthday Parties
A happy, hands-on celebration awaits your child during a Nature Birthday Party! We offer a fun-filled event to make your child’s birthday memorable.
ON-SITE PARTY: Parties held at Winnie Palmer Nature Reserve at Saint Vincent College are for two (2) hours. The facilitator will direct party activities, indoors or out, for one (1) hour. Depending on the selected program/activity – the party may include trail exploration, stories, animal encounters and/or an art project. The classroom is reserved for one (1) additional hour for your guests to use when the party leader concludes activities.
ON-SITE PARTY RATES: Includes one – 1 hour program/activity; two-22 inch, one topping pizzas, 3 pitchers of lemonade, 2 pitchers of ice water, 1 bulk bag of potato chips, with utensils, plates, napkins, etc., and lower level barn space, chairs, and tables. Additional pizzas may be ordered up to one week prior to birthday party program date at an additional cost. Additional food cannot be ordered the day of the party. Due to catering liability and policy, outside food is not permitted to any event held at the Environmental Learning Barn.
No Food Option: Includes one – 1 hour program/activity, and lower level barn space, chairs, and tables
INFORMATION & POLICIES: Age: Birthday parties are offered for children ages 5-11..
- Scheduling: Parties must be scheduled in advance. Parties are offered on the first Saturday of each month from 10am-12pm and 1pm-3pm based on space availability.
- Group Size: Maximum group size is 15 children, including siblings. Due to facility limitations, the on-site party attendance maximum, including adults, is 40. The party package is for 15 children not including adults, however, additional child guests can be added for an additional cost of $8.00 per additional child.
- Payment: Pre-payment is required. When you schedule a party, a time slot will be held for you. Payment must be received within three weeks in order to secure your party date, or the reservation will be cancelled. If you schedule a program within three weeks of the party, payment is due five days prior to the party.
- Cancellation & Refund Information: If you must reschedule your party, we will do our best to find an alternative date. However, if rescheduling is not possible, the cancellation policy will apply (below).
|Cancellation Timeline||Refund Amount|
|More than a 30 day notice||100% refund|
|14 – 30 day notice||50% refund|
|Less than 14 day notice||NO REFUND|
- Set-up & Decorations: You may arrive up to 30 minutes prior to the party to set-up. We will provide tables and chairs. Tables are 4 x 5 foot. You provide the table linens and decorations. Banners and streamers are permitted if all tape and/or string are removed at the conclusion of the party. Noisemakers, balloons, and/or piñatas are not permitted.
- Recycling & Trash: Please dispose of any trash or recyclables in the bins provided. We have comingled recycling, which means all of your plastic, glass, and goods can go into one recycle bin – no need to sort them. Clean paper items can be placed into the paper recycle slot. Recyclables that have food on/in them cannot be recycled unless rinsed or washed first. Recycling Containers are located on each floor of the Learning Center Barn. We ask that you leave the room as you found it upon arrival.
- Supervision: You are responsible for the discipline of all children, which may include removing individuals from activities if they are not behaving in an appropriate manner. The Exhibit Gallery is open to the public during parties, therefore, all party-goers must be chaperoned while exploring. Additionally, please supervise children in the Barn Owl Gift Corner.
Parking: Please park in the lot at the Learning Center Barn Front, or head-in parking along the fence row. Additional parking is available at the Park and Walk location off of Saint Vincent Drive.
For the birthday party brochure, click here: Birthday Brochure